Wednesday, August 24, 2011

White Castle Burger Pie

If you like White Castle's you will love this recipe. The one thing I miss in Kentucky is White Castle. I love those little sliders and crinkle fries. Most people would agree there's something special about those burgers lol!! During my last trip to KY I was talking to an old friend about White Castle and how much I enjoyed them, She said she had a recipe for a White Castle Casserole and it taste just like White Castle burgers. Well I was excited and couldn't wait to get it and try it.

Well, I must say she was right, it was awesome and tasted just like a White Castle Burger. My whole family loved it. I was also very surprised at how easy and quick it was to prepare. Try for yourself and let me know what you think!!

What you need....

2 cans of crescent rolls
1 1/2 lbs ground beef or turkey
10 slices of american cheese (I used Velveeta slices)
1 jar of dill pickle slices
1 envelope of dry onion mix
yellow mustard

Directions....

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Brown meat and add onion packet,  drain and set aside. (**Only drain half of oil, keep some for moisture)
  • Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray thoroughly
  • Layer dish with 1 can of crescent rolls, press seems together covering the entire bottom of dish
  • Layer meat mixture
  • Layer cheese slices
  • Layer pickle slices (I only layered half because my daughter doesn't like pickles)
  • Drizzle mustard on top
  • Top with last can of crescent rolls
  • Bake for 15 minutes or until top golden brown
  • Add condiments to taste (Katsup & Mustard)


Serve with crinkly fries and enjoy!!!

Make it a Fabulous Day!
Embrace the Diva in you!



No comments:

Post a Comment