1 tbs oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 8oz package of yellow rice
1 10oz package of frozen peas, thawed
10 oz of chicken cut up (Use Precooked grilled kind)
12oz frozen peeled and deveined small cooked shrimp, thawed
1 tbs chopped parsley
2 cups water
1 cup thick & chunky salsa
- Heat oil in a large skillet (need a cover later)
- Brown onion, sausage, shrimp and cumin, stirring often, cook until brown and no pink on shrimp.
- Add rice and water
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, add salsa, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add peas, cook until tender about 10 minutes
- Add chicken, stir thoroughly, cook for about 3-5 minutes, sprinkle with parsley and serve.