- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion, and cook until softened.
- Stir in beans and corn, then add sugar, salsa and mix well.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until hot
- Melt 2 teaspoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place a tortilla in the skillet, sprinkle evenly with cheese, then top with some of the bean mixture. Place another tortilla on top, cook until golden, then flip and cook on the other side.
- Melt more butter as needed, and repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Diva Tip - I use my stove top grill for just about everything, instead of cooking in pan use the grill cooks faster and more evenly.