Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Stuffed Smoked Sausage

This is a quick and tasty all in one meal. I tried it on my family last week and they loved it. Once you get past the thought of the sour kraut it's pretty good. LOL!!! Most North Carolinians like cole slaw on their hot dogs, which is very good I must say after I got over the thought of cole slaw on my hot dogs instead of sour kraut lol. Being from New York I love sour kraut on my hot dogs with spicy or yellow mustard yummmmm!!We enjoyed this stuffed smoked sausage recipe and I am sure you will too!

This is what you will need;

Ingredients

  • 1 package smoked sausage or kielbasa (turkey, beef or pork)
  • 1 package flavored instant mashed potatoes
  • Diva Tip - I use cheese flavored
  • 1 1/2 cups sauerkraut
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions

-Preheat oven to 350 
-Prepare mashed potatoes according to package instructions.
-Cut sausage into 4 equal portions, then split each lengthwise so that they lay flat but are still attached.


-Cook sausage and sour kraut.
Diva Tip - I use a stove top grill like the George Foreman to cook both sausage and sour kraut.



-Layer each sausage with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes. Top with grated cheese.
-Diva Tip - Optional... add brown spicy mustard to sour kraut for more flavor.
-Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.



Makes 4 servings. Simple, Easy and Taste Great!!


Make it a Great Day!
Embrace the Diva in you!


No comments:

Post a Comment