This is what you will need;
- 1 package smoked sausage or kielbasa (turkey, beef or pork)
- 1 package flavored instant mashed potatoes
- Diva Tip - I use cheese flavored
- 1 1/2 cups sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions-Preheat oven to 350
-Prepare mashed potatoes according to package instructions.
-Cut sausage into 4 equal portions, then split each lengthwise so that they lay flat but are still attached.
-Cook sausage and sour kraut.
- Diva Tip - I use a stove top grill like the George Foreman to cook both sausage and sour kraut.
-Layer each sausage with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes. Top with grated cheese.
-Diva Tip - Optional... add brown spicy mustard to sour kraut for more flavor.
-Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.