Friday, June 17, 2011

Best Donuts in Marthas Vineyard

We are on vacation in Marthas Vineyard working on our summer challenge list. This is the most beautiful and serene place I have ever been. Everyone is sooo laid back here and don't seem to have a care in the world. I guess that's why everyone looks so stress free. I will take lots of pictures to reflect on when I return home.

I was told by lots of family that frequent Marthas Vineyard I have to try a donut from Back Door Donuts because they are amazing. Well as a Krispy Kreme fan I couldn't imagine anything much better than a just out the oven hot melt in your mouth Krispy Kreme Donut BUT I was sooooo WRONG!!!!

If you are ever in Marthas Vineyard you have to visit The Back Door Donut Shop. What is more interesting is the donut shop is a bakery during the day called Gourmet Cafe & Bakery respectfully serving gourmet coffee and teas and European baked goods. You can order specialty cakes and pies. A very tasty place for baked goods. By night fall after the bakery closes it becomes The Back Door Donut Shop which is located in the back of the bakery. They sell hot donuts and the biggest apple fritters you every want to see. OMG the glazed donuts just melt in your mouth. The Butternut Crunch was a hit with my family they were delicious. I must say that is the best sweet kept secret of Marthas Vineyard we have found. Prices were very reasonable starting at $1.


They even posted a warning to those on diets and weight watchers.... tooo funny!!!


To justify eating donuts every night we walked to the back door to get them and walked back home. LOL!!! This was a nightly routine for us while we were there in Marthas Vineyard.




On our summer vacation we were able to check off a few items on our "Summer Challenge List" I would love to here how things are going for you and the "Summer Challenge List". Email me your accomplishments and I will post them on the blog.

Enjoy your Summer!


Make it a Great Day!
Embrace the Diva in You!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment