This is one of my favorite side salads. It is very light and tasty. You can add meat or top a baked potato if you like. It is very simple and quick!
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 slices bacon or 1 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup raisins (Optional)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (Optional)
- 1/4 cup Sunflower seeds (Optional)
- Cook bacon,crumble and set aside. (If you are not using bacon bits)
- In a salad bowl, toss together broccoli, carrots, cheese and red onions. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar and sour cream. Pour over broccoli mixture, add bacon and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hours if you have time or serve immediately.
- Before serving, sprinkle with sunflower seeds and raisins. Toss and serve.