With the end of the school year approaching wouldn't it be nice to add a little something special to your child's lunch. Whether they are graduating from preschool, elementary, middle or high school they all love the special treats mom puts in their lunches. With these wraps you can use chicken, turkey, tuna or ham salad, which ever you choose it will be a welcomed delight and highlight for your child's lunch. You can make these wraps ahead serve as snacks or appetizers for an end of year party.
- 8 slices of thin white/wheat sandwich bread, crusts removed
- Whole chives or green onion tops
- Diva Tip * Buy already prepared salads from the deli to save time, you need 2 1/2 cups
- 2 1/2 cups diced, cooked chicken (about 4 -5 chicken breast)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 Tbs Spicy Mustard (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook Chicken and cut it up
- Diva Tip * Cook chicken on a stove top grill like George Foreman
- In a large mixing bowl mix chicken, mayo, celery, onion, salt, pepper and mustard.
- Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin.
- Spread a rounded tablespoonful of chicken salad onto each slice of bread.
- Gently roll up & tie each with a chive.