- Change your alarm clock to soft music or soothing sounds. Startling loud sounds puts you on edge first thing in the morning. Who needs that!!!
- Change your cup of coffee to a cup of ginseng or green tea.
- Take the dog for a morning walk. Don't have a dog, just go for a walk while listening to inspirational music.
- Listen to your favorite music on the way to work.
- Take time to read a book.
- Take a nap.
- Laugh more.
- Meditate. Pray.
- Go to the gym, sit in the sauna or steam room.
- Get a massage. Go to a massage school it's cheaper.
- Take the day off and do nothing.
- Get a mani/pedi.
- Go to lunch with a girl friend.
- Go shopping for a family member.
- Go to the beach and soak up the sun.
- Go to the park and sit on a bench.
- Go to bed early.
- Sleep in.
- Go to the library.
- Try yoga.
- Take a long hot bath with lots of candles
- Put a DO NOT DISTURB for 30 minutes Sign on your bedroom door.
- Take up a hobby.
- Visualization - visualize tranquility, water falls, sounds of the ocean.
- Go Dancing.
Thursday, July 28, 2011
25 Simple Ways to Relax and De-Stress
Take it from a "Professional Busy Mom".... (((ya need to chill out and relax))) How you might ask? I have been researching simple ways and things to do to relax and de-stress for some time. Life is too short to be stressed out and on the edge all the time. Trust me, you will be a better person and your family will thank you! I have listed a variety of simple things to do to relax, try a few, heck try them all and thank me later. Take care of you!