Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bread Pudding

I just had to find the perfect recipe for this dessert. I was out with a friend during restaurant week in Charlotte and I had the best bread pudding I have ever had and that's all I could think about. Thus my quest began..... Visiting my family this weekend, I had the perfect opportunity to experiment with a few ingredients tweaking it to perfection....... Well, they said it was good, so mission accomplished lol!!! (^_^)  I think it's pretty darn good myself, especially topped with a little glaze and some french vanilla ice cream!! Can you say YUMMY!!!!

What you need.....

  • 10 slices white/wheat bread, cut into cubes

  • 1/4 cup butter, melted

  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

  • 6 eggs

  • 3/4 cup white sugar

  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 3 cups warm milk

  • 1 pinch ground nutmeg


  • Glazed
    1/2 cup powdered sugar
    1 tsp milk
    2 tbsp melted butter

    What you do......
    1. Heat oven to 375 degrees .
    2. Spray 2 qt baking dish.
    3. In a large bowl, combine bread , melted butter, and cinnamon; mix well, and transfer to baking dish.
    4. Use the same bowl to beat the eggs. Stir in sugar, vanilla, and salt until sugar is dissolved. Slowly whisk in the warm milk.
    5. Pour egg mixture over bread cubes, sprinkle with nutmeg, and set aside to soak for 5 minutes.
    6. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
    7. Let cool for 5 minutes.
    8. Prepare glaze - Add sugar, stir in butter and milk until mixed thoroughly. Drizzle on bread.
    9. Top with vanilla ice cream.
    ENJOY!!!


    Make Today Fabulous!
    Embrace the Diva in You!



    No comments:

    Post a Comment