Thursday, July 7, 2011

Easy Sausage Gravy and Biscuits

I love Breakfast, it's my favorite meal of the day. I can eat it any time of the day, especially breakfast for dinner! LOL!!! This is the best sausage gravy ever!!! It is delicious! Not only is it scrumptious on biscuits it's absolutely delectable on grits. My dad is from the south and we had grits for breakfast every Sunday morning before church. In my household grits are a staple hahaha!!! My husband is not really a breakfast connoisseur but luckily my kids are, so cook breakfast every chance I get. Check back I will share my grits casserole with you soon. In the meantime try some sausage gravy!

Ingredients

  • 1 Lg can refrigerated jumbo buttermilk biscuits
  • 1 Roll of bulk sausage (Beef, pork or turkey), cooked and crumbled
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 2 1/2 cups 2% milk
  • Salt and ground black pepper to taste

Directions

  1. Bake biscuits according to package directions.
  2. Cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat. DO NOT DRAIN.
  3. Stir in flour.
  4. Gradually add milk; cook until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, stirring constantly.
  5. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
  6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
  7. Split biscuits in half and top with gravy.


Serve with Hash browns and cheese grits.

Make Today Fabulous!!! (Thanks Sharon) (^.^)
Embrace the Diva in You!


1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to try this. I have always seen it on TV now I can not wait to try it myself! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete