Friday, April 13, 2012

ATC-Artistic Trading Cards

Recently I have been intrigued with an old phenomenon called Artistic Trading Cards or more commonly referred to as ATCs. I was introduced to these little works of art on a swapping site called SwapBot. SwapBot is a network of people who have come together to share their talents and swap goods through snail mail. The swaps range from finding pen pals, reading buddies, exchanging theme items to crafting, scrap booking, sewing, quilting, painting and more. I must say I was hooked from day one, I love challenges and learning new crafts. I have met some very sweet and talented people through SwapBot. 

A little history about ATCs, ATCs are miniature works of art about the same size of a baseball card
(2 ½ x 3 ½ inches). The ATC movement developed out of the mail art movement and has its origins in Switzerland.ATCs are made in various media, including dry media (pencils, pens, markers, etc.), wet media (watercolor, acrylic paints, etc.), paper media (in the form of collage, paper cuts, found objects, etc.) or even metals or cloth. The cards are usually traded or exchanged.

This is my new fascination "ATCs". I love making them and trading them in the different themed swaps. I find it challenging and exciting to create these little masterpieces and trade them with other artist around the world. Although my collection is very small I am eagerly joining more ATC swaps, I have even created a few. My favorite themes are Christian or Fashion, they seem to be a very popular one on SwapBot as well.

Let me warn you before you join SwapBot... It is very addicting and time consuming LOL in a good way if that's your thing. Of course if you join look me up "ByNickiG", I'd love to swap with you.

Here are some pictures of some ATCs I have created;


Christian Theme "Take it to the cross"


Fashion Theme "Hat Lady"

Angel Theme "Heaven's Angel"

Angel Theme "Heaven's Angel"

Fashion Theme "Simple Beautiful" **This was my first ATC**

10 Commandments ATC "God's Law"

Black History Theme "The Greats"


I Love You Theme "Share Love"

I Love you Theme "Love Endures"

"God's Love"

Egg Shaped ATC Theme "Happy Easter"

"Easter Blessings"

Christian Theme "He Lives"


Make Today Fabulous!
Embrace the Diva in You!

No comments:

Post a Comment